Halloween is only 19 days away! Have you found your little one’s costume yet? Well let me share with you the CUTEST lion costume made by Britni from @itsmatildajade ! So cute, comfortable, inexpensive to make, and can be made in under 30 minutes. My favorite part is the base of the costume is a Baby Bird Boutique romper which means you can totally use it after Halloween, I love multi-functional items and you won’t spend on a one time use. Let’s get started!
Related Post: Halloween Time With BBB
- needle and thread or a safety pin
- 4 safety pins
- small strip of mesh fabric for the tail or an old pantyhose will work (you need the tube part)
- measuring tape
- lion mane colored feathered boa
- Baby Bird Boutique Cream Romper – code BEARBIRD saves you 25%
- stretch lace headband or piece of lace
Related Post: Halloween Drop 2
The Tail & Romper:
- Cut off a small piece of feathers and hand stitch them to one end of the mesh fabric fabric or panty hose, you could choose to safety pin instead
- Pin the end of the mesh fabric or panty hose without the feathers onto the back of the romper. You could choose to sew it on too. However, safety pinning it won’t damage your romper and you can wear it afterwards.
- Measure around your baby’s face & make sure your headband fits well around it. You can choose to safety pin or sew this part. Whatever you find most comfortable for your little one
- Measure out the length of feathers you would need to comfortably place this over your baby’s head.
- Grab both ends of the feather boa and attach to the headband with your safety pin or hand sew it on.
- That’s it! You are done. Now simply carefully place the mane over your little ones head and put their romper on.
Such a cute costume & so easy to make! Finish it off with a cute pair of Freshly Picked gold mocs and you have yourself a cute little lion! If you live where it’s a tad bit colder you can find a long sleeve onesie to throw on under the romper and some cute tights or knee high socks to finish off your costume and keep your little one warm. The feathers on their head will surely help! Hope you enjoyed this & special thanks to Britni from @itsmatildajade for sharing this costume with us!
Find your romper at The Baby Bird Boutique.