I used to go to Mexico every summer growing up. I loved seeing my family & most of all I loved my Grandma and Nina’s cooking. So many savory dishes I miss so much. Thankfully Nestlé Media Crema makes it easy to recreate some of those dishes in my very own home. Whether it’s sweet or savory a touch of Nestlé Media Crema can give your favorite dishes that extra umph you want! With it’s inability to spoil it’s easy to have a few cans of Nestlé Media Crema stored at hand for those days I need a taste of Mexico.
Pollo Con Rajas
Pollo con rajas is such a delicious Mexican dish. Made so creamy & rich you just can’t go wrong. It gives me all the cozy, homey, delicious feels! By the end of cooking dinner my home smelled absolutely amazing, trust me it brought Lia to the kitchen time and time again! This recipe serves 4.
- 4oz cooked & shredded chicken breast
- 3 poblano chiles- grilled & peeled
- 1 can Nestlé Media Crema
- 1/2 diced onion
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp butter
- 1/2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- salt to taste
- Cut your chiles into long strips (this is where the name pollo con rajas comes from-rajas refers to rajas de chile aka strips of chiles)
- On medium heat let your olive oil heat up, then add the onions. Cook until soft.
- Add worcestershire & soy sauce to the onions. Mix well
- Add butter, chicken, rajas, & your media crema to the pan. Mix well & cover.
- Let it cook for 5-10 minutes on medium low heat
That’s it! A couple easy steps and you are done. An unbelievably delicious and creamy dish. My go to is to pair it up with a side of spanish rice & some veggies to get that fully balanced meal. It was such a hit that Pappa Bear actually said the words, “I’m having these leftovers tomorrow”. SCORE!
For more recipe inspiration search Media Crema at ElMejorNido.com
Share your dishes with #NestléMediaCrema