Quick & Easy DIY Bridesmaid Proposals

Bridesmaids, I have known who my bridesmaids would be since the day we began to talk about marriage. I also knew I wanted to ask them in a special DIY Karen sort of way. I am known for adding a personalized touch to everything I do. My friends and family also know my love for DIY and crafting, so it was a no brainer that the girls would get some sort of crafty proposal.

However, because some of our bridal party lives out of state Christmas became the perfect time to ask. Mind you we had no date in mind, no location, we didn’t have a single clue as to when we would be tying the knot. BUT I got to creating their proposals regardless. With time being short because of the holidays I put together these quick and easy yet still incredibly cute proposal boxes!

Quick and Easy Bridesmaid Proposals. bridesmaid, bridesmaid proposal, bridesmaid proposals, DIY, crafts, wedding, wedding planning, wedding plan, wedding plans, wedding time, bride, bride to be, brides

This post contains affiliate links. However, the opinions expressed are my own. I only recommend products I wholeheartedly believe in. The clicks or purchases you make through these links are greatly appreciated.

What You Need:

• box- I went with a photo box size to make sure I could fit everything in it
    • wine glasses- all the ladies got a stemless wine glass…minus my 14 year old sister she got a mug
    • photos of us- I found my favorite with each one of them
    • bath bombs- who doesn’t love a bath bomb
    • candles- a nice little feminine touch
    • paper crinkle
    • ribbon
    • cardstock

Putting it Together:

1. Find your box. You can also use wooden boxes. Keep in mind the size box you need depends on the items you wish to include. I went with this size because I picked stemless wine glasses.
    2. Get your paper crinkle ready. (If you have a shredder you can make your own paper crinkle by simply shredding some paper)
    3. Fill your box about 3/4 of the way with paper crinkle. The weight of your objects will bring the crinkle down.
    4. Place your items inside and arrange the paper crinkle around them to help them stay in position.
    5. I created this cute card on Microsoft word where I wrote the definition of a bridesmaid and asked if they would be mine. This was printed on card stock and taped to the top lid.
    6. I added the picture next to the card and found bright markers to decorate the cover.
    7. After closing the box and making sure everything was ready I then tied the ribbon around it to keep it shut.

Bridesmaids Reactions:

Of course I got a YES from all 5! The girls loved their proposal boxes and the personalized touch. We now have our bridal party complete and are super excited to share these moments with these special women

Previous Story
Next Story

You Might Also Like

Patricia
    January 29, 2018 at 8:38 pm

The bridesmaid boxes are a nice, thoughtful touch to the women that will make your day so special! Great idea! 🙂 I am not getting married anytime soon, but if one of my friends do, I think this would be a great idea for them to make.

Jeanne
    January 29, 2018 at 8:47 pm

This is such a sweet idea! You’re a very thoughtful bride! 🙂

Dionne Abouelela
    January 30, 2018 at 1:58 am

I didn’t have bridesmaids, and I’m so thankful for the simplicity of our wedding, but these invites are way too cute. Maybe I need to renew my vows….

Kanishka Acharya
    January 30, 2018 at 7:41 am

I think this is an incredible idea! Although I think the gifting idea can be used for any occasion! It is very thoughtful and glad that you shared it on your blog so everyone can use the idea the next time they have to gift or for bridesmaid proposals! I mean I know I would love to get one of these <3

mammabearsays
      February 11, 2018 at 10:21 am

Yes I completely agree they can be great gifts for any ocassion! Thank you =)

Amy
    January 30, 2018 at 8:28 pm

Great idea, these are really cute😍

All She Things
    January 30, 2018 at 8:36 pm

Being a bridesmaid is a very special feeling both for the bridesmaid and the bride. You’ve made it even more personal and special with these boxes! They are a great way to ask your friends and family to be a part of your wedding!

Christie Moeller
    January 31, 2018 at 8:28 am

These are so cute! I wish this was around when I got married! Such a fun way to share your wedding with your gal pals!

xoxo Christie

Pooja Krishna
    February 1, 2018 at 8:22 am

A wonderful idea! Nothing like simple, thoughtful touches to make someone feel special. I’m gonna do this for my friends soon.

Sheree
    February 1, 2018 at 9:27 am

This idea is absolutely fantastic! It’s very easy to do and fun to pick out you and your friends’ memorable picture. Congratulations on getting 5 YES from your friends. Now that your best friends are on board, I know you will have a great time planning your dream wedding! Best wishes to you! Thanks for this wonderful inspiration!

~ xo Sheree
    PoshClassyMom.com

Helene
    February 2, 2018 at 8:58 am

This is a fabulous idea for a bridesmaids proposal! I wasn’t sure how to go about asking my friends, but this might be how I do it!

Nida
    February 2, 2018 at 10:56 am

This is very pretty and easy to made will share with friend brides to be!

Jasmine Vargas
    February 2, 2018 at 4:32 pm

I just did a proposal box for my bridesmaids a week ago. They loved it.

Eric Gamble
    February 2, 2018 at 7:55 pm

What a great and creative way to ask your friends to be your bridesmaids. I love how you added the personal touch with the pictures and notes on the cover.

Chelsea
    February 2, 2018 at 7:57 pm

I absolutely love this idea! So cute and clever and I really like your style for the packaging, etc.

Jamie
    February 5, 2018 at 8:10 pm

Oh this is such a great idea! When I got married this was becoming a trend but I didn’t do anutninf to ask my bridesmaids but this is something totally cute and thoughtful that I would do if I could go back