10 Simple Ways to Pay It Forward On #DoIt4Kale Day

You are probably wondering what is #DoItForKale Day ? Well let me tell you a little story…I promise you want to keep on reading and I hope that in sharing Kale’s story you will be inspired to pay it forward too.

You all know my love for The Baby Bird Boutique and the company’s founder- Dorie! But I bet some of you didn’t know how The Baby Bird Boutique even began. Let me tell you about the original baby bird. On May 7th, almost 7 years ago Dorie gave birth to the most handsome baby boy I have ever laid my eyes on. Kale was born with a brain injury acquired during childbirth and was only on this earth for 45 days. A story that every time I think about it-it makes me want to cry, but every time I think about what Dorie has done in honor of his life- well I just beam with joy.

The Baby Bird Boutique is what came out of a mother seeking hope after the loss of her child. The Baby Bird Boutique is so much more than a shop full of beautiful creations, it is a community full of love, support, and hope. Dorie continues to inspire and empower those around her to live out their dreams, to soak up all the hugs and kisses we can with our loved ones, and to spread kindness to one another. It is for Baby Bird Kale that she began what all of us baby and mama birds know as #DoIt4Kale Day . It is a day where we are encouraged to go around spreading love and kindness with simple acts. It is a day to honor the life and legacy that Kale left behind. At 45 days old he changed the world & inspired a movement and a way of life we should all aspire to be a part of. In honor of #DoIt4Kale Day I invite you all to take part in this day of paying it forward. Gather up your little ones and teach them of this beautiful day and join my family and the baby bird family and pay it forward.

In case you need some inspiration I have created a list of 10 Simple and Easy ways you can pay it forward too! We would love to see the ways you pay it forward by using the #DoIt4Kale Day =)

1.Buy coffee for the person behind you

2.Take someone’s groceries to their car for them

3.Leave a pack of popcorn at your local movie rental location or RedBox

4.Drop off cookies to your local police department/fire department/library/child’s school

5.Leave a kind note on someone’s car

6.Leave money in a vending machine

7.Take some flowers to your neighbor

8.Pack an extra snack for your kid’s to share with someone at school

9.Give a stranger a compliment

10.Make a little gift basket and hand it out to someone

The beauty of random acts of kindness is the fact that you don’t need to spend much or anything at all to spread kindness. On #DoIt4Kale Day you must keep up with The Baby Bird Boutique’s Instagram to track all the beautiful ways the baby bird family gives back. From leaving random gift cards at the park to delivering flowers to their neighbors, they do it all. The best part of it is- it’s contagious. Those who see them do it quickly join in. So let’s do it! Let’s #DoIt4Kale!

Share:

1. April 12, 2018 / 8:38 pm

Great ideas! Sometimes I admit I get so stressed at work that I get compassion fatigue– the condition of being tired of being kind. But your post has inspired me not to weary of doing good. Thank you.

• April 13, 2018 / 2:24 pm

I know it can be discouraging sometimes but I believe only by being kind can we change our world

2. April 12, 2018 / 9:00 pm

I absolutely love these ideas! Our world needs kindness and little things make peoples day.

3. April 12, 2018 / 11:33 pm

What a beautiful story. I am so glad that Kale’s mother found her inspiration through such a sad time in life. These are some great ideas for paying it forward! People should just do this all the time!

• April 13, 2018 / 2:23 pm

Thank you. She is definitely an inspiration

4. April 13, 2018 / 3:20 am

Ah this is such a genuinely nice thing to write about, spreading love and a memory of little Kale. Will definitely be taking part in #DoItForKale day 💚

5. Elizabeth O
    April 13, 2018 / 3:49 am

These are 10 really great ideas you provided to pay it forward. I like the idea of buying coffee for the person behind you or taking flowers to a neighbour.

• April 13, 2018 / 1:43 pm

thank you! a small deed can go a long way

6. April 13, 2018 / 6:16 am

Thank you for sharing such a sweet and inspiring story! A friend left a not on my car once and it will forever be a special memory 🙂

• April 13, 2018 / 1:21 pm

its those unexpected moments that make such a difference

7. April 13, 2018 / 9:08 am

How amazing is this. LOVE it. Little acts like this can completely brighten someones day!

8. April 13, 2018 / 9:40 am

What a sad story, but its beautiful what she is doing for her sons memory. I love the idea of paying it forward. Recently I blogged about a mother who lost her son as well and she paints kindness rocks in his honor. I think it would be beautiful to get both of these mothers together to speak with each other 🙂

• April 13, 2018 / 1:20 pm

Porsha that would be amazing!!!!! oh my goodness . I would love to her information!

9. Emily
    April 13, 2018 / 3:31 pm

Oh I love these ideas!! The world needs more simple acts of kindness!

10. April 13, 2018 / 8:58 pm

Love these suggestions and would def do it! Some of them aren’t feasible because of the country and societal differences but yes I would love to some as much as possible!

11. April 13, 2018 / 9:03 pm

I l love this, it needs to be shared.

12. April 15, 2018 / 3:04 pm

I love this so much! <3 The world needs more love for sure!

13. April 15, 2018 / 5:45 pm

What a heartbreaking loss. But so great that she took her sorrow and used it to spread joy in the name of her son.

14. April 15, 2018 / 6:40 pm

A beautiful story and such great ways to pay it forward! I will be implementing these and helping my kids to do the same! Thanks for this amazing post. Rose @ Our House of Love

15. Aarika
    April 16, 2018 / 1:22 pm

Thanks for sharing the history of the Baby Bird Boutique. What an incredible story! Yes to paying it forward every day. All we need is love!

16. April 16, 2018 / 2:10 pm

This is such an impressive initiative! Love the idea of doing something for someone else, this way of giving should be done more often!

17. April 16, 2018 / 8:13 pm

My second son only lived for 31 minutes, and was born on Random Acts Of Kindness Day. We love doing special deeds in his honor, so of course, I love this post!

• April 17, 2018 / 3:41 pm

I am so sorry for your loss Kate. It makes my heart happy that you like to honor his life with good deeds