We are a mere 5 and a half months away from our big day which means we are fully submerged in everything wedding. Any excuse to visit our venue or open my wedding planner is welcome! We were both so excited to see Lorimar Winery, our beloved wedding venue, was hosting their Wedding Shenanigans, an event for their couples and some of their preferred vendors. I did not need to be told twice, I signed us up first chance I got. We had an absolute blast mingling with other couples and getting to see all the additional vendors out there working hard to give your wedding that extra glitter!
This is the first time we headed back to Lorimar since our tour back in January and we got just as giddy as we pulled up. We were checked in and given our drink tickets, wristbands, and a bag to hold all of our shenanigans information. Lorimar had everyone from hair & make-up to rentals and even a company that comes and makes ice cream at your wedding! Now let me take you through our trip around Wedding Shenanigans!
related posts: 10 Reasons to Choose Lorimar Winery
Bartending & Wine
Lorimar had some amazing vendors along with their fabulous staff throughout the event grounds.
- We got to meet Steve from Hops and Grains, a mobile bartending service who we loved chatting with. Hops and Grains is setup in a beautiful and decked out trailer. His approach to bartending is so different and modern we cannot stop thinking about how awesome it would look! Not to mention he has beer on tap and well Marcos is a huge beer fan! This is a great way to add to your wedding experience.
- Of course we could not leave without trying some of Lorimar’s fabulous wines. I am a huge Red fan, never have liked whites much. HOWEVER, I was recommended to give one of their whites a chance and I loved it. We are definitely making our way to Lorimar for more wine tasting soon.
Wedding Decoration & Calligraphy
- Jennifer from Blonde Ambition Designs is a calligrapher and hand lettering artist. She designs things from t-shirts to wedding signs and just about everything in-between. Jennifer wrote our names and wedding date beautifully on our swag bag. I of course was in love with all her signs. I can’t tell you how many pins on my wedding board are wedding signage!
- Now let’s talk wedding rentals. I think Marcos needed to see some ideas to visualize our day. We had the privilege to chat with Jennifer from Rustic Events, a wedding decor and rental company. She was an absolute blast. We stood there, wine glass in our hands, and had such a real conversation with her we loved her immediately! It is so apparent that Jennifer loves her business and the wedding business. Marcos saw her farm tables and immediately told me he wanted to have some, which I wanted to jump up and down with happiness. I LOVE the idea of farm tables.
- Have you ever heard of a live wedding artist? Neither had we. Patti Paulsen is an amazing artist who will paint a scene from your wedding…live! Yes! I know it is so beautiful! We loved chatting with her and getting to see her talented self at work. Talk about a beautiful way to preserve memories.
Hair & Make Up
- Following the tasty drinks and our decked out bag we walked into Lorimar’s Bridal Suite. I cannot wait to sit in that room again with my bridesmaids as I get ready to marry my best friend! We met some of the girls from Tanya Gray Salon and got to view their look book for wedding hair & make up. I loved that they handed out a pamphlet to us with their prices outlined inside leaving no guess work behind.
Music & Photobooths
- I walked into Lorimar looking for our friends from 1024 Productions. We were both eager to meet our DJ & Photobooth team and just put faces to the names. We also got to try out their photobooth system and loved it! We are super huge photobooth fans and our fridge is covered with photo strips. Their team is so great we stood there talking sharing stories and they gave us great wedding planning tips too.
related posts: 5 Must Ask Questions For Your DJ
Cake & Desserts
- One of Marcos’ first questions was “Is Laura going to be there?” He was so excited to get to try more flavors from our delicious wedding cake baker, Laura Marie’s Cakes. We tried one cupcake of each of flavor because well why not! She had my absolute favorite- Banana with blueberry and toffee crunch and we got to try 3 additional delicious flavors! It was great to see her again and just catch up on wedding planning and be able to give our recommendations to the other couples there. We even dragged Laura into our conversation with Jennifer about wedding rentals and ideas for our cake!
related post: Everything You Need to Know About Cake Tasting
- Another super unique vendor was Sub Zero and their delicious nitrogen based ice-cream service. The way they work is they consult with each couple and you choose the flavors you want to service. For 2 hours during your event they will make the ice cream for your guests and everyone gets to enjoy a delicious and freshly made dessert. We got to try their mint brownie and Lemon Poppyseed flavors, both delicious.
An event is not complete without swag bags am I right? As I sit here writing this for you all I am sipping wine out of our new Lorimar wine glasses. Each couple was gifted a swag bag filled with super cute cork keychains, a notepad and pen perfect for taking all the notes necessary the day of and our choice of Lorimar coffee mug set or wine glass set, or one of each. Of course we went for the wine glasses because wine not?
We had such a great time. We loved being able to be all about the wedding and share the excitement with the other couples and vendors as well. We wore our matching Bride & Groom shirt set from Little Brownn Suitcase to top it off. It was perfection. Every vendor remembered us because of those shirts. Thank you to Lorimar for setting up such a fun event, it’s always a good time when we get to indulge in all the wedding bliss.