3 Ways I’m Preparing My Body To Conceive

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.  #NatureMadePrenatalDHA  #CollectiveBias

It’s no secret we are ready for baby #3. Lia is almost 2 and the timing just seems perfect. This time around we are planning and preparing as much as we can. Most importantly, I am preparing my body. Although I can’t prepare for everything and so much of a baby’s development is out of our control, I am doing what I can. As soon as baby #3 even became a thought, I began to implement these lifestyle changes to give my pregnancy a healthy start. All you need is some time and a quick Sam’s Club trip!

1.Exercising

The benefits of exercising are vast. In the case of conception the following applies; stress relief, builds stamina, builds flexibility, strengthens muscles, increase circulation, helps with depression and anxiety, etc. Staying active before and during pregnancy is especially important if you are at risk for gestational diabetes, like myself. 30 minutes per day of moderate exercise will do the trick. Enjoy long walks, yoga, or find yourself a fun workout video to follow.

2.Healthy Eating

You want to prepare your body to house another life. Eating the right foods helps have the right nutrients your body needs to help aide the conception process. In addition, if you build healthy habits now it will be much easier to maintain them during pregnancy. Those cravings can and will try to take over!

3.Take Prenatal Vitamins

Prenatal supplements are packed with the nutrients your body needs to support the growth of a child.† When conceiving ,our bodies pull from the nutrients we have. By choosing a quality prenatal vitamin like Nature Made® Prenatal Multi + DHA, you are helping your body store the right nutrients. If you think about it, most women don’t find out they are pregnant until at least 4 weeks later. That means you missed out on four weeks! Nature Made® Prenatal Multi + DHA (200mg) 150ct. soft gels is sold conveniently at my local Sam’s Club in a 5 month supply, making it easy to take and giving me enough to only have to make a few trips to purchase.  You should start taking a prenatal vitamin about 6 months before you start trying to get pregnant. Nature Made® Prenatal Multi + DHA (200mg) 150ct. softgels provides you with essential vitamins and minerals, needed before and during pregnancy.† These include; Folic Acid, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Iodine, Vitamin B12, and Vitamin D3.

I love that Nature Made® Prenantals provide 200mg of DHA making it easy for me to take just one pill vs two. Along with DHA, another key nutrient is folic acid. Folic acid is just an important B Vitamin for women who want to become or are pregnant.† Folic acid is the critical nutrient needed for the proper development of the baby’s nervous system.† To add the cherry on top, Nature Made® Prenatal Multi + DHA (200mg) are also free from synthetic dyes, yeast and starch, artificial flavoring and gluten.  Help give your baby a healthy start with Nature Made® Prenatal Multi + DHA (200mg) softgels – after all Nature Made® is the #1 Pharmacist recommended vitamin and supplement brand.*  Now that I am preparing my body let the baby making countdown begin! Just a short time before we start trying to conceive and I am thrilled to know I am providing my body with what it needs to create a tiny human!

† These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.

*Based on a survey of pharmacists who recommend branded vitamins and supplements.

Previous Story
Next Story

You Might Also Like

Porsha Carr
    August 29, 2018 at 8:58 am

I am always stuck between not having a 3rd and having a 3rd if we ever do have a 3rd I will keep these in mind. Thanks Karen ;P

mammabearsays
      August 30, 2018 at 4:29 pm

Girl I want 4 !!!! lol! He says 3 I say 4 lol

Harmony, Momma To Go
    August 30, 2018 at 3:54 pm

i took prenats for YEARS! while ttc, breastfeeding, and even after as a multi! Good luck with your journey!

Katie Walsh Beck
    August 30, 2018 at 7:05 pm

All of these are super important. And when I was pregnant the first (of five) time my doc never gave me prescription prenatals so I used over the counter and they were wonderful. People always say, and it is 100% true, that hair and nails look amazing when on prenatals…mine never looked better!

Luci
    August 30, 2018 at 9:47 pm

Really great tips. I believe that taking care of yourself before and while your are expecting is important.

Margaret
    August 30, 2018 at 10:05 pm

I love nature made. I’m currently using their folic acid and biotin.

Lisa Favre
    August 31, 2018 at 3:33 am

Prenatal vitamins are so key before, during, and even postpartum. I didn’t get a chance to take any before conceiving but I definitely will when we try for our next.

mammabearsays
      September 10, 2018 at 2:39 pm

I had not done that before either but I am definitely doing so now

Heather McMaster
    August 31, 2018 at 6:25 am

Preparing your body for getting pregnant is something that we often forget to do when considering having a child.

Courtney Byers
    August 31, 2018 at 7:03 am

This is amazing advice! We plan to start thinking about “trying” for babies in maybe a year or two or so. This really helps. My doctor has told me to take pre-natals now even if we aren’t planning to try for a while.

Clarice Lao / Camping for Women
    August 31, 2018 at 8:37 am

Thank you for sharing this. I am also TTC now and closely working with my OB. I totally agree that as early as now, it is very important to eat healthily and to start taking supplements and vitamins. Baby dust to you! 🙂

Indrani
    August 31, 2018 at 8:40 am

Planning the body definitely helps.
    Exercising and right supplements are always helpful.

oyibo
    August 31, 2018 at 1:41 pm

Things my wife need to be reading when she eventually decide to start having babies. Very nice and informative.

Keating
    August 31, 2018 at 4:00 pm

We’re also hoping to conceive soon and I’m doing these same things to prep my own body 🙂 being healthy is such an important step in the process!!

Stephanie Eiler
    August 31, 2018 at 6:32 pm

This is such great advice! I’ve never seen a post that discussed how to prepare BEFORE baby! I’m sure this planning is so helpful for anyone thinking about having a baby!

mammabearsays
      September 10, 2018 at 2:38 pm

Right! And its so important to prepare BEFORE!

Amanda
    September 1, 2018 at 7:24 am

I started those same prenatal vitamins about six months before I get pregnant. It really helped me have a healthy pregnancy.

Jenn
    September 4, 2018 at 9:29 pm

I can’t stress enough how important these things are! As you know, keep it up even after you conceive! All the best to you!

Jennifer Maune
    September 5, 2018 at 10:11 am

Love that it is a 5 month supply! Definitely makes it convenient. I agree that building healthy habits before pregnancy makes it easier to maintain them through pregnancy and beyond!

-Jennifer

Emily
    September 5, 2018 at 7:38 pm

Preparation is key I hear! I think these are good things for everyone to try (with women’s vitamins instead of prenatal!)

yinka
    September 5, 2018 at 8:39 pm

I think prenatal vitamins and a good diet are so important. I’ll keep these tips in mind when I’m ready!