I love a quick and easy meal as much as everyone else does. When given the time I love to prepare something that can last us a few meals and can be eaten in a variety of ways. A favorite in my home is chicken salad. We can eat it with crackers, in a sandwich, and we even eat it on it’s own. It is tasty and so easy to make you will definitely add this to your recipes list.
Ingredients: Serves 4(+)
- 1 Shredded Chicken Breast
- 1 cup diced celery
- 3 tbsp low-fat mayonnaise (or more if you please)
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup diced green onions
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. fresh dill
- Frank’s Original Red Hot
- Cook the chicken. This is the part that takes the most time. You can set the chicken to boil and move on to the next step
- While your chicken is cooking you can get your celery, green onions, celery, and dill chopped up
- Shred the chicken
- Combine the chicken with the celery, green onions, celery, and dill
- Add the mayonnaise and Dijon mustard
- Top off with pepper & add salt to taste
- Refrigerate and eat
- Add Frank’s Red Hot to taste
I tend to add the mayo and mustard to taste as well. Depending on how much chicken you have your measurements might vary slightly. I like to have my chicken salad creamy and might add a bit more mayonnaise and mustard than other people. Topping it off with Frank’s Red Hot is my favorite. The taste it adds is just YUM.
This amount of chicken salad feeds my husband, my two kids and I for at least 2 meals. Hope you enjoy!