Lemon muffins is what you do when life gives you a huge lemon tree and you have no clue what to do with them. Let me tell you, they are delicious & probably my favorite use of our lemon tree so far.
The girls and I made a batch and even dropped some off on our neighbors’ doorsteps in true social distancing neighborly fashion! In fact, the day we made these lemon muffins began our new tradition of weekly baked goods delivery to our neighbors.
Dropping off baked goods has been such a fun thing for me to do with me kids. My neighbors love getting sweet treats, the girls love making them, and it keeps us making new recipes every week.
We made our lemon muffins with whole wheat flour! But feel free to use white flour as well. This pandemic has made flour really hard to come by so we used what we had and made it happen! This is a great time to get creative & use what you have!
Following the amounts below you will make 2 dozen glazed lemon muffins. I used regular cupcake-sized baking sheets to bake.
Related Post: Gut Health Foods Recipes
The Lemon Muffin Ingredients:
- 2 cup Flour (we used wheat but you can use white)
- 2 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 cup Water
- 2 Large Egg
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Lemon Zest
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract
The Lemon Glaze Ingredients:
- 1 1/2cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Lemon Zest
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- Preheat Oven to 350 Farenheit
- Mix batter dry ingredients together: flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Set this aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat melt your butter then add the water and bowl
- Add butter and water to dry ingredients and mix lightly.
- Beat in your eggs, sour cream, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Spray non-stick spray on your muffin sheet.
- Fill each muffin whole 1/2 way
- Bake for 9 minutes
- Let cool
- Melt your butter
- Whisk together all ingredients thoroughly. Make sure there are no powdered sugar clumps.
After your lemon muffins are cool and your glaze is done place your muffins on a cookie cooling rack and drizzle glaze over the top. Then enjoy <3