As a Disney passholder for 15+ years and mom of 4 (12,6, & now twin toddlers), I’ve spent countless days at Disneyland. I have learned a few things along the way. Going to the parks with little ones can be overwhelming, but with a few tips and tricks, it can be a magical experience for everyone. So, if you’re planning a visit to Disneyland or Disney California Adventure with your toddler, here are 10 things you don’t want to miss.
10 Things To Do With Toddlers at Disneyland
Related Post: Disneyland Resort Tips
- Fantasyland – This is where you’ll find many of the classic Disney rides. Classics like “It’s a Small World,” “Peter Pan’s Flight,” and “Dumbo the Flying Elephant.” The rides are gentle enough for little ones and the colorful scenery is sure to captivate their attention.
- Toon Town – Toddlers love exploring the whimsical houses and playground in Toon Town. It is newly renovated and has so much for the family to do. You can have a picnic, ride Mickey’s Runaway Railway, and play in Goofy’s How-To-Play Yard.
- Character Meet-and-Greets – Meeting their favorite Disney characters is a highlight for many toddlers. Check the Disneyland app for character locations and times.
- Storybook Land Canal Boats – Board a boat and take a leisurely cruise through miniature scenes from beloved Disney stories like “Cinderella” and “The Little Mermaid.”
- Explore Carsland – The rides are so fun! But our favorite part is getting to see a favorite movie of ours come to life. Not to mention- nothing beats seeing Mater or Lightning McQueen driving around!
- Parades – Watching a parade is a great way to take a break and enjoy some entertainment. Toddlers love waving to the characters as they go by. Check the Disneyland app for updates on the parade daily. The Magic Happens Parade is back and you don’t want to miss it!
- The Lion King Show – This stage show features live performers and beloved classic story! The cast is so talented! You will dance, sing, and everything in-between.
- Redwood Creek Challenge Trail – This outdoor play area in California Adventure is perfect for burning off some energy. Toddlers will love exploring the different obstacles and climbing structures.
- Pixar Pier – This area of California Adventure is dedicated to Pixar films and features several rides and attractions that are toddler-friendly. Don’t miss “Toy Story Midway Mania” and the “Inside Out” Emotional Whirlwind.
- “Disney Junior Dance Party!” – This interactive show features favorite Disney Junior characters like Mickey Mouse, Doc McStuffins, and Vampirina, and gets toddlers up and dancing.
Remember to take advantage of the Disneyland app for up-to-date wait times and show schedules. And don’t forget to bring snacks and sunscreen, and take plenty of breaks throughout the day. With these Disneyland must-do’s, you and your toddler are sure to have a magical time at the Happiest Place on Earth.