Hey there, lovely people! Our family recently embarked on a thrilling adventure, visiting SeaWorld San Diego for the very first time. A huge shout out to Sea World for the gifted tickets (we’re incredibly grateful, thank you! 🎫💖).
What an unforgettable day it was! And of course, I’m here to share our experience and top tips for those planning their own magical trip.
Sea World San Diego Tips
1. Plan Ahead: The Sea World app became our trusty guide for the day, providing us with showtimes, a park map, mobile ordering (game changer for us busy parents!), and so much more. Our day was a balance between planning and spontaneous excitement (like when our 6-year-old suddenly turned into a Journey to Atlantis fan😅).
2. Quick Queue Tickets: If rides are on your agenda, consider the Quick Queue add-on. With front-of-the-line access to the rides, we could maximize our fun and minimize the waiting – worth every penny! 🎢👍.
Unlimited priority ride boarding at:
- Electric Eel
- Shipwreck Rapids
- Journey to Atlantis
Includes One Single-Use Express Entry to Arctic Rescue.
3. Dress Comfortably: The weather in San Diego is fabulous, but remember, you will be outdoors all day. Pack light layers, don’t forget the sunscreen, and wear comfortable shoes. If Rescue Junior is on your list, swimsuits are a must for the little ones – they will definitely want to make a splash in the splash pad area!
4. Fuel Up: With a day full of excitement, keeping everyone fueled with snacks and drinks is important. You’ll find plenty of great dining options in the park. If you plan to be there all day you can also check out the All Day Dining Deal. The price is $49.99 for adults and $24.99 for kids and includes 1 entrée, plus 1 side or dessert and 1 soft beverage or iced tea every 90 minutes.
- Explorer’s Café
- Calypso Bay Smokehouse
- Hibisco Modern Mexican
- Manta Pizza
- The Chicken Snack Shack
- Shipwreck Reef Café
- Not valid for water bottles or alcoholic beverages.
5. New Attractions Galore: The new Rescue Junior area was a huge hit for our little ones! With rides, a splash pad, and so much more, it’s a dream come true for the tiny adventurers. The Arctic Rescue coaster got our adrenaline pumping and the action-packed ‘Ahoy Pirates Battle for the Mermaid Cove’ was a crowd pleaser.
6. Remember to Rest: Amongst all the fun, remember to take a breather. The live shows provide a great opportunity to sit and rest, and there are plenty of shady spots for a snack or nap break. As they say, a rested family is a happy family!
SeaWorld left us with magical memories and a thirst for more ocean adventures. A little planning, a dose of flexibility, and a dash of adventurous spirit can turn your day into a fantastic family outing too. Got any Sea World tips of your own? We’d love to hear them!