Disclaimer: This shop has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FOOD4LESS
Ho, ho, ho, amigos! It’s that time of year when the air is filled with the sweet scent of holiday cheer, and we’re gearing up for one of our favorite Mexican Christmas traditions – Posadas! As we prepare for this festive celebration, there’s nothing better than treating our loved ones to a delightful Christmas dessert. So, we’ve got a scrumptious surprise in store for you – Pecan Pie Empanadas! These golden pockets of pecan perfection are sure to dazzle your guests and make your Christmas Posada extra special.
But first, let me spill the beans: I found all the ingredients I needed for this delectable Christmas dessert at Food 4 Less, a family favorite for quality and affordability. Food 4 Less had it all, making our shopping experience as smooth as could be.
In our cozy kitchen, my little helpers and I create treasured holiday memories while whipping up these delightful pecan pie empanadas. It’s a joyful bonding experience as we roll out the dough, fill each empanada with love, and watch them transform into golden pockets of sweet perfection.
Christmas Dessert: Pecan Pie Empanadas Recipe
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg (for egg wash)
- 1 tablespoon water (for egg wash)
- Heat up the oven to a toasty 375°F (190°C). While it warms up, grab a sheet of parchment paper to line your baking sheet – you’ll thank us later!
- In a mixing bowl, combine pecan halves, light corn syrup, granulated sugar, melted butter, vanilla extract, and ground cinnamon. Stir until it’s all mixed up like a piñata full of candy.
- Now, it’s time to roll out those refrigerated pie crusts on a floured surface. Make them a little thinner.
- Cut out circles using a round cookie cutter (around 4 inches in diameter) – that’s your canvas!
- Scoop a spoonful of your pecan pie filling onto half of each dough circle, leaving some space around the edges.
- Gently fold the other half over the filling, creating a half-moon shape. Use a fork to seal the edges; it’s like crafting with dough!
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and water to make an egg wash. Brush it generously over the empanadas; they’ll turn golden brown and shiny like ornaments on the tree.
- Place your little pecan-filled parcels on the parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes. When they’re golden brown and the filling is set, they’re ready to join the party!
- Let them cool for a few minutes (if you can resist) before serving. Your Pecan Pie Empanadas are the life of the Posada, trust us.
Time to Fiesta!
With these Pecan Pie Empanadas, your Christmas Posada is about to reach a whole new level of delicioso. The Food 4 Less ingredients made it easy-peasy to create these sweet treats for our loved ones, and we can’t wait to see their faces light up when they take that first delicious bite.
So, amigos, let’s keep the Posada tradition alive and make this Christmas unforgettable with these mouthwatering Pecan Pie Empanadas. They’re the perfect ending to your holiday celebration, and remember – when it comes to finding quality ingredients at budget-friendly prices, Food 4 Less has your back!
For more Christmas dessert recipes and holiday inspiration, stay tuned to our blog. Feliz Navidad, and happy Posadas, everyone! 🎄🌟
Visit your local Food 4 Less for all your holiday cooking needs and find great deals on ingredients for this recipe. #FOOD4LESS